A thin ETFE film, F-CLEAN® Greenhouse Film is the preferred covering material for horticultural greenhouses as it lets in more light than glass, PE film, polycarbonate and PMMA sheets.
By allowing maximum UV light transmission (up to 94%), F-CLEAN ensures earlier harvest of better quality fruit and vegetables and more colourful flowers.
Low surface energy gives F-CLEAN film non-stick and self-cleaning properties so greenhouses remain clean naturally with rain or snow. And snow will automatically slide off, saving the cost of labor-intensive and expensive snow removal.
No condensation will ever fall onto plants as F-CLEAN has excellent anti-dripping properties.
This highly durable ETFE film has protected greenhouses for more than 30 years without showing signs of deterioration. Grades range in thickness from 60 µm (2.4 mil) to 100 µm (4 mil).
Advantages of F-CLEAN® film
• Excellent light transmission up to 94%
• Improves crop quality by UV light transmission (‘UV cut’ grade also available)
• Excellent durability due to minimal effect of ageing on tensile strength – over 30 years’ service life
• Less structural elements (steel) are required thanks to the lightweight properties of the film, so more sun can enter the greenhouse
• F-CLEAN® diffused grade eliminates shadows and enables more photosynthesis in every leaf
• Stable at high and low temperatures (-100ºC to 200ºC)
• A double layer F-CLEAN® roof saves over 30% energy compared to a single layer glass roof
• No breaking/splintering, high resistivity against tear propagation
• Anti-dripping characteristics prevents condensation droplets from dripping down
• Non-flammable material certified B1 in DIN4202 part 1
• Improved light transmission at all angles of incidence compared to other covering materials
• Damage can be repaired easily with F-CLEAN® repair tape
• Same ETFE technology is used for prestigious architectural projects
• On request any size can be produced, however standard sizes are the widths 2.35m and 1.6m